Relationships The Key To Happy Life
Relationships are the key to being happy in life. You do not need to have a thousand different relationships, as the saying goes « having a thousand friends is nice, but having one friend you care about a thousand times as much is even better. » So having even just a few good relationships can make all the difference between being lonely and unhappy, and enjoying your life.
There are all types of relationships out there, friends, co-workers, family, lovers. Whether it is just a friend or some soul mate you found through love quizzes, the basic aspects of the relationship are the same. So regardless of what type of relationship it is, you should work hard to maintain it as a lot of relationships can fall through simply because the person involved was not sure what to do.
There are a lot of things involved in maintaining a relationship and it can be a bit hard knowing what to do, especially if it is failing. To help you with this are ten great tips you should follow.
1. Use clear definitions. By this I mean you need to know what kind of relationship you are in. Are they just a co-worker? A good friend? Family? What kind of relationship you are in dictates how you should act to a degree.
2. Keep your act together. Part of maintaining a good relationship is being reliable. If you find yourself often canceling plans, you should stop and figure out why that is. If you simply do not have the time, tell them that and try to re-schedule.
3. Be honest, but gentle. Lying in love quizzes and to your friends and family is never a good thing. But sometimes being too honest can hurt the person you care about. This is where sugar coating comes in, do not lie (even a white lie), just be tactful in how you say it.
4. Don’t be a people pleaser. We all know the type, the guy who will do everything he can to make everyone happy. Don’t waste your time on this, just be yourself and your friends will naturally enjoy you and your company.
5. Don’t gossip. The worst thing you can do is betray someones trust. They believe in you and are willing to talk with you, do not take this and talk behind their back.
6. Be kind. You should treat your friends the way you would like to be treated. Simple common courtesy seems to be rare now days, just being nice and treating people with respect can go a long way.
7. Listen. Whether it is on love quizzes or anywhere, listening is important. Nobody wants to feel like they’re being ignored.
8. Give as much as you take. People sometimes forget that a relationship is a back and forth. Asking for favors and whatnot is fine, just be sure to repay the favor, this includes where you go and what you do.
9. Communicate. The most important aspect of any relationship is proper communication. Make sure to let the person know if you are unhappy or hurt, that way you can fix these problems before they spiral out of control.